If you are unsure of the identification, submitting an aquatic weed sample via US Mail or UPS is easy. To do this, collect a sample of the weed in question, pat with a paper towel to remove excess moisture, and put the sample in a sealed plastic bag. If there is more than one type of weed, put each in its own plastic bag, marked Sample A, Sample B, et cetera, and make note of which is which so you know what we are referring to in our recommendations. Send the sample(s) to us without delay, with the following information:
- Mailing Address*
- Address or location of water body*
- Phone Number*
- Fax or email, if any
- Treatments used, if any (give name of product, dosage, application method, effectiveness and frequency info if you have it).
- At what water depth is the weed growing (for example, it just grows around the edge of the pond in 1-3 feet of water, or it grows as deep as I can see)?
- What is the general abundance of the weed (for example, it covers the whole pond, or it covers about 20% of the pond, mainly in the shallow areas)?
* Required Fields! We will not respond to your mailing without this information.
Remember, the recommendations that we give are based on your information. So, the more complete and accurate your information is, the better and more useful our recommendation will be.