If your pond or lake is 1/4 acre or larger and in Wisconsin or Illinois, we can make fish stocking recommendations for you!
Keystone Hatcheries is located in the Midwest, and because of great differences in fish populations and environmental conditions around the country, we only advise on fish stockings in our area, which is Wisconsin and Illinois.
These recommendations are based on the information that you send to us, so the more complete and accurate your information is, the more useful our response will be.
To receive a recommendation, please send answers to all of the following questions to email@example.com:
- Your name, address, phone and email.
- Pond/lake address, if different
- Approximate Surface Acres (go to Pond Calculator for help)
- Maximum and Average Depth (Average is usually 1/2 of Maximum, unless the bottom shape is unusual)
- Are there any fish in the pond/lake? If yes, tell us a little about what species are present, what their size range is and what their general abundance is
- Are there any fish species that you want or don’t want?
- What are your goals for the pond/lake? For example, do you want to be able to catch and keep fish, catch and release, or just have for wildlife?
Because of the dynamic nature of aquatic environments, Keystone Hatcheries will accept no responsibility and/or liability for any problem that may arise with the fish populations. Our recommendations are based on years of experience, but there is usually no one right answer to many stocking situations; only opinions based on experience.
Please keep in mind that this is not a scientific survey, and any projects that will have major implications should be based on more complete information, such as sampling and shocking data. Also, it is our policy to not give stocking recommendations for public lakes that are managed by the DNR.